Creating New Knowledge Object
Prior to creating a new KO, payload, input rdf and output RDF should be completed. Let’s walk through the basic steps of creating a KO below.
How to Create KO
- If you are already a registered user, to create a new object, click “login”, enter your login information, and click on the green plus. If you are not a registered user, reach out to the KGrid Dev team.
- Declare a clear and concise title for your knowledge object. Do not use the upload feature in the “Create New Knowledge Object” screen; only give it a title (payload and other aspects have to be uploaded later). After the title is defined, click “Create Object”.
- The next screen will show the Object ID. Take note of the Object ID, as you will need it to add your KO to the publc activator. Next, click “Edit” to continue.
- Fill out the metadata for the KO. Metadata should include title, description, keywords, owners, contributors, and citations. Note: Currently, objects cannot be saved if line breaks exist within the description.
- Now, click on “PAYLOAD” and upload payload script, including payload function name and payload type. Note:The public sandbox activator works with python objects.
- Click “INPUT” and upload input RDF.
- Click “OUTPUT” and upload output RDF.
- You have successfully created a KO. To exit, press “SAVE&CLOSE”.